Saturday 10 December 2016

“It's a thing to see when a boy comes home.” ― John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath. Albir

Nearly in our old spot
So here we are back at Camping Cap Blanch.  Two years later.  I have been really looking forward to it and then we got here I pretended I didn't remember it. There were lots of people still here from our first visit. The first day I pretended I didn't know them.  Mama and I had our hair cuts and then we went for lunch.  We had the most delicious osso bucco we have ever eaten.  In fact I had never eaten one before but I ate most of this one.
Osso oh osso
 We went into Bendyworm to look for an appartment for January and it was a glorious day. Even Mama thought it was beautiful - something she thought she would never say about Bendyworm.
Bendy worm
I even went in the sea and Mama said she would have too if she had brought her swimmers.  
Whey hey
 There were all kinds of Christmas markets on. We went to one in Altea and I had a ride on a donkey who was the leader of the pack and led all the other donkeys up the street.
Little Donkey

Man in a Hat
 And then we went back to Altea and there was a big rain storm and a rainbow and I could see both ends of it.
Both ends
And now my favourite part of the day is leaving and entering the campsite.  Mama calls it my walk of fame.  People come out to say hello and wave and give me presents.  I now have a collection of a Santa Claus in a snowy ball, a statue of Stan Laurel, 2 pig piggy banks, a plastic cat cup with a bendy straw and a water jug.  My cup overfloweth.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing rainbow! Lovely photo. Love your white sweater - where did you get it? How wonderful to swim at this time of year - even if there is a ship with its fairy lights going down with all hands behind you! Love and more love T & TT. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something comforting returning to familiar surroundings, Junior, especially if you are continuously whizzing by towns and countries. I'm glad your Mama is adventurous about food and trying out new dishes. A lot of that is rubbing off on you. And I love the sound of that Osso Buco, although I'm not that keen on Spanish food, in general. In fact, the only good food in Europe can be found in France and Italy. With the exception of the odd dish, the rest is rubbishco. Sorry, your mention of food set me off on my hobbyhorse. Anyway, Junior, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

    All my love,
    guj

    ReplyDelete

Joe loves to get post (and presents) and post